Are you an enthusiastic individual who works on writing blog and social media content? Or perhaps you aspire to break into the field because of the exciting growth in the digital marketing industry. Either way, you’ll want to keep up with the latest content writing trends when it comes to formulating a digital strategy.
But where do you start once you decide to take your skills to the next level? Here’s a few ways you can improve your blog and social media posts.
Combine Your Writing With Other Mediums
Many bloggers and social media influencers are generating crossover content to publish alongside their posts. That means they’re embedding videos, starting podcasts, taking eye-catching photos, and adding downloadable infographics to couple with their writing.
The reason for this phenomenon is search engines and social websites love to see variety. Adding extra content to go with your text shows initiative and differentiates you from the rest. It can also improve your blog and social posts because you’ll be able to reach people in other formats.
If you can design a pretty infographic or make a simple video, try adding one of these formats with your post. Some people don’t have time to read all the words you’ve written, but they might be captivated by a different medium. This can help boost the amount of people that stop and take a look at your content.
Learn how to Schedule Posts
The strategy you use to schedule content matters. You want to reach your target audience when they’re online and likely to browse through your content. You’ll also want to be consistent with the amount you post so your subscribers don’t lose interest.
Here’s a few tips on how you can create the best schedule:
- Take a look at your analytics. Who’s looking at your posts? What time? What days? Have an understanding of your target audience and when they view your content when making your future content strategy.
- Look at the best, but also the worst. What posts thrived on your account? Which ones didn’t do so well? Use this information to see if you can come up with other related subtopics of the top performing content.
- Create a schedule with realistic expectations. We live in a world where the people who can post every single day have a greater chance at improving their search-engine results. However, you should start your goals with a realistic expectation; whether that’s posting twice or three times a week, decide what your starting strategy will be. Eventually you can become more aggressive once you meet your initial goal.
- Use the 80/20 rule. The 80/20 rule means 80% of your content should be what your subscribers want to see while the other 20% can be experimental. However, don’t be afraid to run a few tests or write an article just because you want to, though!
Always Keep Learning Industry Best Practices
If you’re serious about breaking deeper into this field, strive to learn from experts that have been there, done that. After all, the internet always grows and changes as new content writing strategies emerge. Reading work from sources you admire can help you improve your blog and social media strategy.
Fortunately, lots of individuals and companies run blogs and social media accounts that can teach you the art of content creation. That means you can search for whatever topic you desire and chances are an expert has covered it.
Follow people you aspire to be like. You should look at what strategies they use and what conversations they’re having. In turn, this can help you improve your blog once you have a solid understanding of what people in your target audience like about someone else’s work.
You should also keep up with the latest industry news. Here’s two companies you should think about frequently reading content from for information:
- Hubspot. Hubspot is one of best and most well-known resources when it comes to learning and building a content marketing strategy. You can read their blog to familiarize yourself with search-engine optimization, e-mail lists, and writing newsletters. They also offer materials and certifications so you can further your expertise as a digital entrepreneur.
- Moz. Moz is a company that develops programs to help companies and individuals improve their search-engine strategy. If you’re looking to familiarize yourself with keyword research and SEO trends, this blog is a great place to start.
Brush Up On Good Writing Habits
Good writing is the key when establishing your credibility as a content creator. You want people to take you seriously, meaning you don’t want your writing to be littered with typos or incorrect grammar punctuation.
Study up on good writing habits. Always make sure that your writing is evolving, especially since you’ll be publishing lots of content. Here’s a few ways you can begin brushing up on good writing habits:
- Learn to become your best editor. Understand what makes good writing and find the ability to see your most common errors. It might take some time to learn the best editing practices, but you’ll thank yourself later.
- Find examples of good writing and analyze them. Reading content from the experts can help give you real-world examples of what great writing looks like. Go to the blogs and social media accounts of those you admire, and take notes on what makes their writing click.
- Study grammar and best practices. Know the basics of punctuation, spelling, and literary devices. Surprisingly, familiarity with topics such as passive vs. active voice or understanding why some people use the Oxford comma will help improve your writing. Once you start noticing certain grammar concepts, you can start creating stronger sentences.
Ready to take your Social Media and Blog Posts to the next level?
Now that you’re equipped to start analyzing the success you’ve had, it’s time to start putting an action plan together. Hop online, make a goal for where you want to be in the next five months, and start improving your blog/social content today.
Good luck, and happy writing!
FOLLOW GRACEMORYAN.COM FOR MORE WRITING ADVICE
Do you love to write? Here at gracemoryan.com, I’m dedicated to finding and sharing the best writing advice in one easy-to-find place. If you’re an individual who’s looking to improve their writing craft, follow gracemoryan.com for the latest writing tips.